Wasting Time With God

Jack Sharp on Unsplash

For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand elsewhere. I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of wickedness.    -Psalm 84:10
I went to confession, Adoration, and Mass this morning. It was indescribably incredible. There is no place I would rather be than at Mass or Adoration. I could live there, but do I?

No.

For reasons I don't even know, I always find something to get in the way. I maintain an illusion that I must do something else, that something else is more important at the moment.

That's just sheer ridiculousness.

It's easy to maintain illusions. In high school, I maintained the illusion that I was fat. Now I maintain the illusion that I am not.

No, illusions are worthless. God is not a God of illusions. He is a God of the tangible and of presence and not of time. I may not think I have the time, but when I am with God, I am outside of time. Time becomes irrelevant. Anyway, if I don't spend time with God now and come to know and love Him, then I will lose my eternity with Him. I will come to love that which takes my time more than I love God, who is my life and love.

If I take the time to be with My Lord, Jesus Christ, can I ever doubt that He will not give me more than enough time to do His Will in my life? No. I must trust God in everything.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For You Will Always Have the Poor

Sowing Discord Where None Should Exist

Cooperating With God's Omnipotence